DATA PROTECTION DECLARATION (in English)
Ref EU Regulation 2006/679
Romanian Nautical College (RNC) pays special attention to the protection of the personal data of applicants, students, staff and all contractual partners.
We are transparent about how we use personal data and want to let you know what your rights are in this context.
RNC processes the following personal data, taken from the applications to the courses and programs:
- Contact information (name, postal address, e-mail address and phone number);
- Information needed to pay for our services (such as bank account details, billing address / where applicable).
Why do we need this data?
CNR processes your data to achieve the following goals:
- a) To complete the admission file and the matriculation register;
- b) To issue graduation certificates;
- c) To respond to your requests or questions;
- d) To send communications to you about our services or events organized by RNC;
- e) To prepare an accident and death insurance policy for HND students in the first year of study;
To whom do we submit your personal data?
- a) Partner College, South Tyneside College, in order to complete the formalities for financing studies in England and for the issue of study papers in England.
- b) to public authorities and institutions when the law imposes us or when there is a formal request from them;
- c) Reliable partners (crewing agencies in particular) to facilitate sea going voyages.
What are your rights?
- a) right to access your personal data – you can request confirmation that your personal data is processed by RNC and, if so, you may request access to this data, as well as some additional information about its processing;
- b) Right to rectification – You can obtain the rectification of inaccurate personal data as well as fill in those that are incomplete, including by providing additional information;
- c) The right to be forgotten – in situations specifically governed by law (especially in the case of withdrawal of consent or in case it is noticed that processing of personal data is no longer necessary), you can obtain the deletion of your personal data;
- d) Right to Restrict Processing – You may obtain restriction of the processing of your personal data in certain situations governed by law;
- e) The right to oppose the processing of personal data – you can oppose at any time, for reasons related to the particular situation in which you find yourself, the processing based on the legitimate interest of RNC;
- f) The right to data portability – you can receive the provided personal data in a structured, readable format, and request that the data be passed to another operator;
- g) Right to file a complaint – you can complain about the way personal data are processed by RNC. The complaint will be filed with the competent National Authority for Personal Data Processing;
- h) Right to withdraw consent – You may at any time withdraw your consent to the processing of personal data by RNC in cases where processing is based on consent.
Use of „Cookies” on the RNC web page
Our web page:
- Does not use Persistent Cookies.
- Does not use Ad Cookies.
If you click on one of these references or apps, please note that each of them will have their own cookies policy. Therefore, read the cookies policy of other websites or applications before using them.
We do not have third-party cookies or plug-ins on our web page.
Where do we store your data and for how long?
The data we collect about you will be stored and processed in the secure server of our vendor hosting the web page. We also keep your personal data on paper, in your personal file, at RNC Secretariat office. We will retain your personal data for as long as it is necessary to fulfill the purposes we have collected, including for the purposes of meeting any legal, accounting or reporting requirements.
In order to determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we take into consideration the value, nature and sensitivity of your personal data, the potential risk of harm caused by unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data, these purposes by other means and the applicable legal requirements.
If you have questions about the retention period of your data, please contact us using the contact details on our web site.
How can you exercise the above rights?
You can contact us in order to exercise your rights through all communication channels you have used so far to communicate with us.
RNC will ensure that you receive an answer to your requests within the legal deadline.
You can obtain detailed information on personal data protection Romanian legislation at:
Thank you for your trust,