This course aims to provide seafarers and shipping professionals with requirements and responsibilities associated with ballast water management on board of ships and onshore. The course ensures that all shipping personnel are prepared to implement and monitor the IMO Ballast Water Management Convention 2004.
|COURSE CODE||RNC 006|
|COURSE NAME||BALLAST WATER MANAGEMENT|
|RELEVANT LEGISLATIONS AND REFERENCES||BALLAST WATER MANAGEMENT CONVENTION|
|COURSE DURATION||12 hours ( 2 days)|
|NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS||Min – 4 participants
Max – 10 participants
- Background: review of the effects of transported species
- Evaluate operational and safety issues associated with exchanging ballast water in open sea.
- Summary of treatment.
- Review of BWM Convention.
- Ballast water treatment technologies.
- Roles and responsibilities of ballast water management at ship and onshore.
- Chemical substances used for control of microbes and pathogens.
- Filtration methods.
- Port State Control of BWM.
- Using treatment units.
- Procedures to collect samples.
- Non-active substances.
- Ballast water risk assessment
In order to apply, please click here