RNCA BOARD of DIRECTORS:
Dr. Stelian Cojocaru, Captain (Navy R)
Capt. Pavel Ioan Suciu, Professor, Captain (Navy R)
Dr. Nicolae Marcu, Director Medlife SA
Mr. Dorin Preda, Director Medlife SA
Like us on facebook HERE
1. Romanian Nautical College (RNC) provides Education and Training Academic Programmes in collaboration with South Tyneside College (STC), the longest and most prestigious British maritime college:
– Higher National Diploma – Nautical Science, future to be Deck Officers – 4 years of study, out of which 2 years are allocated to the compulsory seagoing service, provided by RNC.
– Higher National Diploma – Marine Engineering, future to be Engineering Officers – 4 years of study out of which 2 years are allocated to the compulsory seagoing service, provided by RNC.
STC+RNC also provides Management Level courses for officers, as follows:
– Chief Mate course, 8 months, UK accreditation (for those who hold a Romanian CoC)
– Chief Mate course, 10 weeks, UK accreditation (for those who hold an UK CoC)
– Second Engineer course, 6 months, UK accreditation (for those who hold a Romanian CoC)
– Second Engineer course, 10 weeks, UK accreditation (for those who hold an UK CoC)
– Experienced electricians to ETO course, 6 weeks in RNC and 1 week in STC plus 3 weeks distance learning, UK accreditation
RNC executive leadership is performed by:
Captain (Navy, ret.) Stelian Cojocaru, Ph.D – Director
Chief Engineer Adrian Găureanu – Deputy Director
2. DP (Dynamic Positioning) & Offshore Centre provides short courses for those interested in oil and gas offshore drilling industry:
– DP Basic Course – 4 days
– DP Advanced Course – 4 days
– DP Sea Time Reduction Course – 5 days
– Ballast Control Operator Course – 3 days
– Barge Supervisor Course – 4 days
– Offshore Installation Manager Course – 5 days
Captain Daniel ZOLTNER is the Head of the DP&Offshore Centre.
3. Naval Technology Centre (NTC) provides short specialised courses for those interested in the technical field:
– High Voltage Course – 5 days
– Welding / Lathe machine etc (1-5 days courses)
– More than 30 STCW and Non-STCW courses (1-3 days courses)
Chief Engineer Adrian GAUREANU is the Head of the Naval Technology Centre.
4. Romanian Yachting School organises 3-week courses for pleasure craft/boat licence classes A, B, C and D.
Important! On the 28th of November 2016, the Romanian Ministry of Education Order no. 5873 approved the Technical Nautical Liceum under the Romanian Nautical College Assn.
2010: The Romanian Nautical College is formally opened on the 2nd of June, as the first private maritime educational institute in Romania. The ceremony is attended by Mr. Mihai Marcu, President of Medlife (https://www.medlife.ro/) and manager of Nautic Life Co., whose premises host the College for the following 6 years, on the bank of Mogosoaia Lake, in a wonderful setting, on the outskirts of Bucharest. (No. 2 bis Chitila Pădure Rd.). The newest generation bridge simulator Transas NTPRO-5000 is installed on the occasion.
On September 13th, the first Deck Officer Programme starts with a group of 55 students.
2011: The Romanian Nautical College is visited by a delegation from Glasgow College of Nautical Studies, between the 1st and the 3rd of February.
The second series of Deck Officer Programme starts on April 17th.
The first Engineering Officer Programme starts on September 19th.
2012: On March 4th, RNC opens the Romanian Yachting School to provide pleasure craft courses.
On December 18th, The Romanian Nautical College Association opens the DP & Offshore Centre to provide basic and advanced dynamic positioning (DP) courses. The first DP course in Romania starts on September the 2nd, under the accreditation of the prestigiuos London Nautical Institute (NI).
2013: The Romanian Nautical College Association – DP&Offshore Centre is officially listed as an NI authorised DP centre on October 17th.
2014: On March the 10th, The Romanian Nautical College Association sets up the Naval Technology Centre, which organises the first DP Maintenance & Engineering course in România.
The Romanian Nautical College expands with the opening of a branch in Constanta (No. 158, Mamaia Bd.), on July 22nd.
In September, The Romanian Nautical College aquires the state-of-the art Lucas-Nulle training system to provide advanced technical and vocational education, covering a wide range of high quality electronics, automation and engineering courses. A second 5-station Transas NTPRO-5000 deck simulator is installed.
The first DP Sea Time Reduction course in Romania starts on October 20th, accredited by the NI. The Romanian Nautical College is one of the 15 centres in the world accredited for this highly specialized course.
2015: Naval Technology Centre starts the first High Voltage Safety and Maintenance course, using a real ABB prototype 13000 volt naval console, on February 23rd.
On November 2nd, Capt. Stelian Cojocaru, PhD, President of The Romanian Nautical College, meets Mr. Gary Hindmarch, Principal of Marine School and vice-President of South Tyneside College, in South Shields, UK. They agree upon an outstanding international partnership between Romanian Nautical College and South Tyneside College – the oldest and most prestigiuous maritime college in The United Kigdom.
2016: On June 1st, Romanian Nautical College (RNC) signs the Partnership Agreement with South Tyneside College (STC), a programme that comes into force starting 2016/17 academic year. The 4 year Higher National Diploma (HND) educational scheme is as follows: 1 year in Romania (RNC), 1 year in the United Kingdom (STC) and 2 years allotted for the compulsory seagoing service, qualifying graduates for a British degree. The seagoing stages are paid and guaranteed for, and the final certificates of competency are issued under the authority of the UK Maritime and Coastguard Agency.
The two specialisations agreed upon are:
-HND Nautical Science
-HND Marine Engineering
Starting September 15th, The Romanian Nautical College Association decides to cancel admission exams for all educational programmes under Romanian accreditation, while keeping the current British accredited 4-year officers programmes only.
On October the 3rd, HND-Nautical Science programme starts with a class of 20 students, that includes 2 students from Italy and one from Ghana.
2017: Beginning with January the 3rd, all programmes and courses organised by the The Romanian Nautical College Association take place in a new location, situated in Tomis Marina, No. 1 Lebedei St., 900746 Constanta, Romania.
2017: Experienced Electricians to ETO course starts on January 9th, for the first time in Romania.
In order to succesfully implement our educational standards and strategies we focus on:
-building up effective cultural competence and developing multicultural awareness
-shaping up a new type of marine officer, able to master practical seafaring skills and having solid communication grounds in English
-helping students with their tuition fees and madatory seagoing service
-constantly adapting our academic standards to the realities of the labour market
-promoting a solid framework within international relationship
-supporting transition of our graduates to better paid areas of the labour market by providing highly specialized courses
Starting the 1st of January 2017, all structures of The Romanian Nautical College Association operate in Constanta only, at No.1, Lebedei St., in the exquisite surroundings of Tomis Harbour.
The programmes and courses offered by The Romanian Nautical College Association are based on the following material basis:
– 5 labs and a conference room
– 2 Transas NTPRO-5000 simulators (an intergated bridge system plus an additional 4 posts command system for merchant vessels), providing 10 ship prototypes as well as 5 geographical areas
– 6 UNITEST Engine Room Simulators:
*LER3D – Low Speed Engine Room Simulator
*MED3D – Medium Speed Engine Room Simulator
*SER2 – LNG Steam Engine Room Simulator
*PSV3D – Medium Speed Engine Room Simulator for Platform Supply Vessel
*W-X35 – Low Speed Engine Room Simulator WÄRTSILÄ 6X35 electronically
*DE3D – Diesel Electric Engine Room Simulator
– 10 UNITEST Computer Based Training (CBT) stations
– Lucas Nulle functional laboratories for naval electro-technics, electronics and automation technology:
*Electric values V/I/P/cos-phi/f
*Power semiconductor devices
*Analogue power supplies
*Compact automation, PLC and bus technology
*Synchronous and slip-ring machines
– 3 DP Basic Tutors workstations
– a High Voltage console to operate as high as 6000 to 13000 V;
– a 220 square metres electro-mecahnical workshop (situated in Constanta, 28 Bratianu Blvd.), fully equipped with:
*one 4 stroke engine
*probe basin for stability/hydrostatic tests, equipped with a complete 4-pump system
*probe burner automation
*complete mechanical tools set
*functional panel for pneumatic tests
*functional panel for hydraulic tests
*3 welding (electric and oxy-acetylene) stations
*complete set of auxiliary devices and components
*operational anchor windlass
*propulsion motors equipment and generators
*naval automation parts and equipment
*electrical distribution panels
– Quality System approved by Lloyd’s Register Quality Assurance (LRQA)
– Higher National Diploma 1+1 joint programmes with South Tyneside College are accredited by the UK Maritime and Coastguard Agency and Scottish Qualificaton Authority
– DP courses are accredited by the Nautical Institute
– High Voltage course is accredited by the Romanian Naval Authority
On June the 1st 2016, The Romanian Nautical College Association signed a Partnership Agreement with South Tyneside College [STC], the oldest and most prestigious British maritime college.
The Agreement includes the following programmes, approved by both the UK Maritime and Coastguard Agency (MCA) and Scottish Qualification Authority:
• Higher National Diploma – 4 years programme – as follows: one year of theoretical courses in Romania, one year of theoretical courses in England and 2 years alloted for completing the compulsory seagoing stage, with two specialisations to choose from:
1) Higher National Diploma – Nautical Science and Deck Officer Certificate;
2) Higher National Diploma – Marine Engineering and Engineering Officer Certificate.
• Short route courses to take officer career up to management level:
1. Chief Mate
2. Second Engineer
• All courses and programmes agreed on in the South Tyneside College Partnership Agreement qualify graduates for an HND and British Certificate of Competency!
• The partnership includes an intensive 6-week programme to qualify for an Electro-Technical Officer Certificate!
• The HND and the British CoC offer you far better oppotunities to access to the labour market, with a chance of being recruted by British companies on the spot!
2. The Romanian Nautical College Association has signed strategic partnerships with Shipping Companies and Agencies to support students with their minimum compulsory seagoing service period. We are honored to benefit from the support of the following companies:
• Offshore Shipping Ltd
• Rickmers Marine
• Dohle Romania Ltd
• CMA Ships
• TD Recruitment
• Solaris Jobs
• Good Winds Ltd
• Valdor Conshipping Ltd
• Romtrust Ltd